Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oh What, Oh What Will Little Peanut Be?

We went in on August 27th to find out what little peanut will be, even Owen got to come. We arrived at the ultrasound center and got in fairly easily. We got to the ultrasound room we would use, turned down the lights and got started. I think Owen liked the screen where you could see Peanut at first. But, as with any toddler after about 5 minutes he was done with that. Peanut definitely wasn't as interesting as Elmo, for example. Ryan did a good job with him though and we had prepared for just this and had brought cell phones, light up toys, snacks, etc.

You should know that I went to this appointment prepared. I didn't wear any gender specific colors as not to jinx it. Ryan just thought that was ridiculous since the baby was obviously already the gender they were going to be, but I didn't care. After about 15 minutes we were getting a bit impatient as the lab tech seemed to be going really slow. We later found out that was not her fault at all. Apparently, Peanut has decided to be a very stubborn child from the start. Peanut wouldn't move so the tech could see the spine. She said the baby would move arms, legs, head, but would stay laying in the same position. She had me get up and walk around 3 different times to try and move Peanut. Peanut wouldn't have any of it. So, finally she asked us if we wanted to know what the baby was and we replied yes. She looked and Peanut is a little boy:) I won't lie I was surprised, but don't get me wrong excited, since this pregnancy has been totally different than with Owen, I guess I thought it must be a girl because of that, shows how much I know. I was so surprised I told Ryan, when the tech wasn't there, that I wanted her to show us again to make sure;) I didn't actually make her do that, but I did seriously think about it. After finding out that Peanut was a boy, Owen couldn't handle it anymore so Ryan took him out to play. I tried getting up a few times but Peanut didn't want to move. He must have been content where he was. The tech had to bring in the doctor and they finally got a decent shot, but not the best one. They told me that I was in for trouble if the baby wasn't cooperating already.

So, Peanut is a BOY! We are so excited! We don't have a name yet, so don't even ask. Haha, I wish we did, but we can't agree on anything so any fun suggestions for names would be greatly appreciated. I did go out and buy Owen and peanut matching pj's for Peanut's first night home. And I am in search of Big Brother/Little Brother shirts that match. We also got Peanut a little going home outfit so that was fun. I am way excited for Owen to have a playmate and to have two boys so close in age. I am also so excited to match them, maybe that is just cheesy, but it's true! Peanut is moving more and more and I'm getting bigger so that it making it more real for us.

Most of our family members guessed that Peanut was going to be a girl so we made the unveiling of Peanut's gender a little game. We made a poem and printed it out. Then, we pasted it on foam and cut it out in puzzle pieces. The poem said they had to turn the puzzle over to find out. On the back of the puzzle it said to open the envelope that was enclosed with the puzzle. In the envelope we put the little boy picture from Peanut's ultrasound.


The start of the puzzle. It actually took awhile, Ryan and I must be pretty good puzzle makers since it was kinda tough.

The finished product.

This is a copy of the poster we made, it is easier to see the poem.

They tried to turn it on a cookie sheet. It didn't go so well, look at the pile of pieces off to the side.

The back of the put together puzzles messge to look in the envelope.

Opening the envelope.

Peanut is a BOY!

It was pretty fun watching my parents do the puzzle. We even tried to trick everyone by making it pretty much pink, so it seemed like a girl. It was great getting calls from Ryan's family after they had found out.

This all took place right before Labor Day and part of my extended family was having a little get together then. So, for them we made cupcakes and used blue food coloring to die the batter. Then we used aluminum cupcake holders so no one could see. We handed the cupcakes out and had everyone bite into one at the same time. It was pretty fun watching their faces as they found out Owen was having a little brother.


Cupcakes before frosting!

Some of the cupcakes after frosting. It was harder than you would think to make sure no blue peeked through.

My Popsie and Suzanne after eating their cupcakes and finding out they were goning to have another Great Grandson.

Owen trying his hand at one of Peanut's cupcakes.

It looks like Owen is pretty excited about having a baby brother! He is excited to have someone to play with!

Well, we sure are excited to have another little buddy in our family. Owen can say baby brother now and whenever he looks at my belly he says, "BABY!" I don't know if he really gets it, but it sure is cute. Although, we went to visit my best friend who just had a baby and while I was holding her little guy, Owen got really jealous and said, "No, Baby, no, baby!" He didn't want his Mommy giving attention to anyone else but him. He is going to be in for a shock when we come home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment