to this!
He finally recieved his first haircut after months of Ryan and I talking about it and backing off and deciding to do it again and then not. We finally did it! It was a hard thing for me. I always thought that was such a silly thing for moms to have a hard time with. I guess I'm one of those mothers now;) The problem for me was that Owen's hair had gotten curls in the back and I didn't want to see them go. Owen's hair is pretty straight but when it gets long enough the ends curl. Anyway, Owen probably won't have that again since we aren't big fans of long hair on boys so I guess I just wanted to keep it as long as possible. Here are some pictures to tell Owen's first haircut story.
First of all look at this picture taken about a year ago. Owen is bald:) This was during the time when he was wearing a helmet which didn't help with his hair growth any.
And then look what happened?! Look at all those curls!
And in the bathtub we would have a little fun styling Owen's hair!
But, when we could do this we knew we had a problem.
And in the mornings Owen would look something like this, with wings coming out of his head since his hair was so long.
And, this is when we knew it was time. It was so long and shaggy. This is the before picture of the back of his hair.
Getting all ready for his first haircut. We decided to do it outside since Owen loves to be outside and look at the trees, cars, and animals. We definitely were scared of how still he would or rather wouldn't be!
Before
After
With a nice part
Playing with a bottle while cutting his hair. We had to be rather creative about distracting him. He did end up playing with the spray bottle almost the whole time. The only problem with that was that he really liked to spray himself in the face with it, which in turn sprayed me in the face;) This slowed the process down a bit, when I couldn't see.
Look at all that hair!
And the finished product! Don't look to close and remember this was our first try and Owen is 1 1/2 so even though he did pretty good, he still wasn't very still!
And this is what his hair can do now, it is already getting long again. Looks like it is time for a second haircut already! We are going to use clippers this time instead of scissors!


No comments:
Post a Comment