On July 28th, two days after Ryan started his first job, we celebrated Ryan's 26th birthday. I felt bad for him that he couldn't take off the day on his birthday since it was his first week of work. I guess next year we'll look forward to that!
On that same note, I have always thought that when Ryan got a real job he could take the days off during the year where someone in our family has a birthday. I just think this would be so fun for everyone. Obviously, when our children start going to school, he would just come home early or something. Anyway, my dreams of this were soon smashed since apparently Owen and I were born during the wrong times of the year. You see in Tax accounting there are two busy seasons. One you all know about which is in early spring in March and April. The second one is right now in September and October for those who had a 6 month extension. Ryan has such long hours and you aren't supposed to take days off. So, since Owen's birthday is March 27th and mine is September 3rd I guess we'll just have to imagine he is at home with us. We need to plan when our children are born better I guess. Although, Ryan could take off for his own birthday and for peanuts;)
Anyway, on Ryan's birthday I made him breakfast before work. At work, they took him out to lunch. And, when he got home I made dinner for him and my parents came over to celebrate. He got some fun stuff some of which was, a Phineas and Ferb music CD, Hand and Foot games supplies, the book Mocking Jay, a desk, some money to use how he wanted( I think we are going to get a GPS with it), movie tickets(which we saw Inception with), and some fun cards especially one that Owen colored for him. He chose to have s'more pie for this birthday treat. It was a great birthday and after opening his gifts and putting Owen to bed we played Hand and Foot, that was probably the highlight for him, he loves that game!
Sadly, the one thing we forgot to do was take pictures. We videoed part of it, but our computer doesn't have the right hookup so we can't load that on here. I hope it was a great day for Ryan, he did say that he didn't feel as tired as he did at 25;) so maybe he is getting younger!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment