Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Monday, December 20, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas Time

We have had a lot of fun this December doing many different activities to celebrate the holidays. And, we have been so busy rearranging for when Peanut joins us that I haven't done a very good job of posting. So, look below and see all of our December happenings thus far!

The first weekend in December we went out to get a REAL Christmas tree. Ryan and I both grew up going to a tree farm and picking and cutting down our own Christmas tress with our families. Our little apartment in Provo was way too small to do this and we didn't have any money, either so this was the first year we had a chance to make this a tradition. We were so excited about it. I told Ryan, "We are all grown up now!" Apparently, cutting down a real live Christmas tree and bringing it home with us, made that official!


Owen all dressed in his Lumberjack gear! (Don't you love that hat!)

Lumberjack Ryan & Owen

We had to walk quite a ways to find our tree and when we got to the section that the type we wanted was in we walked all around looking for the perfect tree. It was just my luck being 7 1/2 months pregnant that the tree we finally chose was actually the first one we saw!

Owen kept trying to push this stick down while Daddy was cutting down our tree.

Ryan actually cut the tree down so fast that I had to have him hold it up one more time before he could let it fall so I could take a picture!

TIMBER!!!



Owen got to use the saw to cut down his little stick. He eventually got sick of the saw and pushed it away and knocked the stick down with his hands!

That same day we had our Church's Christmas party. It was sure fun and there was a lot of good food. Ryan and I were actually on the committee to plan the party so we had to bring 2 hams and some scallopped potatos. I was very proud that we actually succeeded in making all of those things and that they tasted good too.

Santa came to visit our Christmas party. Owen has learned how to say Santa and he knows who he is to a point. I thought he would be all excited as Santa was giving out treats. But...well look below and see what happened.

Yes, Owen pulled Santa's beard off;)

And this was taken without Owen knowing. Santa snuck up and stood behind us, just so we could get a picture. He still looks scared doesn't he?! He did get a candy cane even though he was naughty and took Santa's beard off and he loved it thouroughly.

When we got home that night a package was waiting for us from Grandma & Grandpa Dayton! It even had presents in it that we were supposed to open immediately! What a lucky little buddy! Owen has never quite gotten the whole opening of presents idea. However, I think it is safe to say that he has now grasped that concept even more than we hoped he would.


I showed him how to rip one piece and he did the rest, very quickly I might add. I love looking at all these pictures together to see the whole process.


Don't you love that face. It was an Elmo book. Grandma and Grandpa know the way to Owen's heart. He LOVES Elmo!

And, when I say he got the concept more than we hoped he would. Well, there is a reason why there aren't any presents under our Christmas tree. Lets just say we tried that and Owen remembered what we taught him to do;)

The next day we finally had time to decorate our Christmas tree. We just love having a real tree in our home. It really has made December feel like the Christmas season.

Note: There are no longer ornaments on the bottom of our tree, they stop about halfway up. Can you guess why?!

We were so lucky that it actually snowed here the other day. It usually doesn't do that before Christmas. Owen has played in the snow once before and I don't think he really remembers it. It took us awhile to convince him that it was snow and not rain. He absolutely loved it. Especially since he got to go sledding this time. He has never done that before.



He would keep yelling, "Past(Fast), past, past, Daee(Daddy)!) He sure was laughing up a storm.

He also really liked eating the snow. When Ryan gave it to him at first I really thought he was going to hate it. But, throughout the evening he kept asking for more.


Owen decided he wanted to pull the sled for awhile.

He loved going down the hills. Daddy would pull him really fast and Owen would just squeal with delight.

Daddy helped Owen make a snow angel and he thought it was hilarious. While Ryan was pumping his arms up and down Owen just kept laughing and laughing.

Isn't it so cute and small?

Just this weekend we were able to go to the Washington D.C. Temple Lights. They do them every year and it is alwasy amazing. We went up with my parents and it was a fun time. Owen loved spotting all the different colors.





We've had a wonderful December thus far! We hope everyone else is having a great holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Aw it looks like you guys are having so much fun!! Your tree looks so cute, and I love that Owen pulled off Santas beard! How funny!! I also love his little Christmas vest you guys have him in...so cute! The lights at the Temple look so pretty...I was just thinking about that the other day when we drove by the Provo Temple, I don't know why they don't do that to all of them!

    ReplyDelete