On my birthday, my parents watched Owen and Ryan and I went out! It was great. That is actually the last time we have been out on a date to this day, because of Ryan's busy season. We looked up Color Me Mine(a pottery painting place) and they have it here so we decided to go. We used to go all the time in Utah and it was great and there were always tons of people there. The creations they had around for display were always amazing. I'm pretty sure that the Color Me Mine in Utah is probably their highest revenue store, now that we have been to another one. Pretty much is stunk in comparison. It was still fun, but very expensive and there weren't very many choices. We were the only ones there and you could tell that it was used pretty much for kids parties. It is amazing how different it was. I told Ryan everytime we go to visit Utah we are going to the Color Me Mine there! But, it really was still so fun and I still loved painting the pottery.
Then we went out to dinner to a Mexican place here that has the best chips, salsa, and con queso. I really haven't ever had any chips and dip this good before. Other than that it was an okay place. We miss Cafe Rio as well! That is another place that we will visit everytime we go to Utah.
Then, we went back and stayed the night at my parents house. The next morning we had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. It was delicious. Then, that is when we went to pick up Truffles. After that Ryan had to go to work due to busy season so Owen and I hung out with my parents. When, Ryan got back we went to the pool for a little bit. It acually was pretty cold so we didn't stay long. Then, we came back and my Mom had made Cafe Rio from the recipe we have. She also made the most amazing ice cream cake. I opened my presents which were mostly maternity clothes that I had went shopping with my mom for. I also got a craft table and some shelves from Ryan's parents. I got crafting money and some more maternity clothes from other friends and family. It was great! We had such a fun time with my family and it was great to celebrate with them, since that hasn't happend since I was in high school I think! It has been awhile! It was a great birthday and such a fun weekend! And, now I'm a quarter of a century old! Oh my goodness!
Look at this shot! I can't believe I got this picture. Look really close at Ryan's face, it is hilarious!
Owen's favorite pass time at the pool!
Look at that cake! Isn't is pretty?!
My parents got these really cute handmade oven mits at a county fair in Southern Virginia. They work really great and are so cute!


I am glad you had such a fun birthday weekend! That's cool that you found Color Me Mine out there even though it wasn't quite the same!
ReplyDelete