Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Thursday, December 15, 2011

8 months!



So, I'm writing this post on Benson's 11 monthaversary! I can't believe he is that old, it has gone by way too fast! Well, I'll update you on him at 8 months so that hopefully I can get to his 11 month update soon.

Benson started rocking on his hands and knees all the time, since previously he was just doing the gimp army crawl and not getting his belly off the floor. He is loving his tongue, and is always sticking it out and experimenting with it. He loves to play the game where he drops his toy over and over again to see how many times you'll give it back to him. Feeding Benson has become quite difficult as he is always trying to grab the spoon and is pretty fast too, you always have to be ready. He thinks this is so funny and will laugh and laugh when he gets it. The same thing happens whenever you tell him, "no" he will just smile this huge smile and laugh, like he knows hes gotten the better of you. If you don't know where Benson is, just find Owen:) So, there have been a few appointments that I needed to take Benson too alone so Owen wasn't with us. And, Benson was so crabby in the car. He HATES being alone back there, I thought it was just a bad day for him, but every time Owen isn't back there he gets really fussy. And vice versa, when Owen is around Benson is super good. Benson is starting to attempt pulling up to standing. His sounds consist of bababa and dadada, Ryan is SO proud:) Benson will copy Owen's noises as best he can, especially if Owen crys out of screams. I hope this doesn't continue:) Benson LOVES feeding himself puffs and other finger foods. Benson has finally reached the point where he won't stay still. He did so well being content with being held, but he is now at the point where he wants to be in the thick of it all. He is a pretty tall baby, and has lost a lot of his chub. He still has his chubby checks but other than that he is thinning out. Benson loves balls and balloons. Benson has become quite vocal and will talk to people, especially at church. He loves to look over the pew and make all kinds of sounds at the people behind us. He is always sticking everything in his mouth, haha, I hope this stops soon! We sure do love Benson and are so grateful he is growing so well. He is such a joy to have in our family!





We were at my parents house and I couldn't figure out where Benson had gone. I found him here, behind the tree. What a silly guy, he had wiggled all the way back there by himself and was so proud of his accomplishment. He is growing up to be a little too much like his older brother:)

This picture was taken as Ryan was blowing on Benson's face, he kept making this funny face(the picture doesn't do it justice) and then he would laugh really hard since he thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment