Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easter...yes, you read that right in September!

Well, as I was going through our pictures I came across Easter and was thinking how grateful I wasn't that behind in my blogging. Haha, well that got my curiosity going and I wanted to go back and remenice about our Easter and that is when I realized I was that behind and had never blogged about it, opps! Well, better late than never as I have said far too often these last few days.

Well, we did enjoy our Easter throughly. In fact Easter was a GLORIOUS holiday in our family seeing as Benson was a bit older and there for I was getting more used to this mothering of two thing and also Ryan's busy season had just ended so Daddy was around again and that isn't cause for celebration then nothing is.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our festivities.


Here Owen is all ready to dye eggs. This has been the first year where he actually could participate in this activity and understand the fun in it. It was pretty exciting, a bit too exciting actually. Our counters were tye dyed after this endevor. Owen kept piling more than one egg into each cup until the cup would overflow.


And, one egg Owen smashed in two, haha, what a strong Buddy!


The boys and their baskets. Owen was pretty stoked about having candy hiding in eggs, who wouldn't be?!


After church we headed over to Mimi & Pop Pop's for a wonderful Easter dinner and Easter Egg Hunt. It actually started to rain right when we were going to do the hunt so Owen did it inside and on the covered deck. He loved pointing out where he saw eggs.

Chase liked the egg hunt too, seeing as there was a toddler who is always willing to share. I tell you these two are partners in crime!

We were also able to take a family picture in our gray and yellow matching outfits. Mimi got these matching sweaters for the boys for Easter.

But, aside from all of the commercial celebrations of Easter we were able to most importantly refocus ourselves on the Savior Jesus Christ and His Resurrection. It was so neat to teach Owen about these sacred events and for him to actually understand parts and repeat them back to us. We are so grateful for Our Savoir Jesus Christ and his perfect example that we have to follow.

Happy Easter in September, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment