Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Benson's 2 Months Old


Taken March 15th, 2011


Taken February, 15th 2011


Taken soon after arriving home from the Hospital

Well, I just couldn't resist posting two pictures this time. The main reason for that is that in all the pictures Benson was smiling in, he was also covering up his 2 months sticker. I also loved the one where he is covering it up because you can see his chubby little legs better and you can see his dimple peeking through. Oh, I love chunky babies!

Well, this month has been another fun filled one for us. Benson has achieved one of the greatest milestones that he will accomplish in his lifetime. He is now sleeping through the night! And, before you think that it just happened, it definitely came with a lot of dedication and hard work on our(his parents) part, thanks to Babywise! Also, it isn't a full nights sleep for him yet, but he will go anywhere from 7-10 hours. He is sticking to about 7-8 right now. Let me tell you I feel like a new woman, getting all this uninterrupted sleep.

On to other achievements, Benson had his first real bath and he has also taken a bath with his big brother Owen. He eats about 5-6 ounces a feeding. He is getting chubby from all that eating as well. We are seeing those rolls get bigger and bigger. He started smiling just after he turned a month and it is so sweet. His personality is starting to show through more and more. It is amazing how children of the same sex, born to the same parents, in pretty much the same stage of life can be so inherently differnt. Benson is a lot more sensitive than Owen. He just needs someone there with him the whole time he is awake. He gets scared and startled very easily. He hates any type of pain and wails as soon as he feels it. He is a Mommy's boy. Benson is such a good traveler and church companion thus far(I'll probably eat my words on this one). He still has his hair (most of it at least) which surprised us, we thought he would lose it like Owen did. Although, it isn't floofy anymore, it has grown out so it stays down now. I guess he still could but as of right now he has only lost a bit in the front but all the rest has stayed strong. Benson is a binky baby, sometimes that is the only thing that will soothe him and he holds them in like a champ. He still has reflux and spits up a ton, that hasn't changed one bit, except for maybe doing it even more. He is already wearing mostly 3 month clothes. His eyes are a dark blue on the outside and a light blue on the inside, I doubt that will stay but I guess we'll see. When Owen plays by him, he loves to watch him. It is almost like he is trying to soak everything in. He hates swinging, which is a bummer, and really just likes to be held all the time. He is doing better at just lying on this back on a blanket, but it still doesn't last long. Even though he is a pretty fussy baby, he still is very flexible considering he has an older brother around but I just do appreciate it. His feet have pretty much outgrown all the socks we have that will stay on his feet. His legs still aren't quite chubby enough to hold up the bigger socks that will fit him. He still has a bit of a hoarse/raspy cry and has a definite pouty lip. He has such a sweet countenance about him and even with his crying he brings such a peace to our home. He likes to snuggle and cuddle so we LOVE that. Benson sure has blessed our lives immensely and it is hard to remember just weeks ago when he wasn't in our family yet.

5 comments:

  1. aww what a cutie patootie he is!! :) I love all the comparisons with the peanut, what a cute idea! also, how fun that you are going to make a wreath!! i want to see it when you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! And one day when I have a baby I will call you to see how to get them to sleep 8 hours after only 2 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I am so glad for you that Benson is already sleeping solidly through the night. It is amazing the difference what a good night's rest can have. It was fun to read all of the things Benson is already doing. I am glad you posted that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those comparison pictures with the stuffed peanut are great! I should do those, but I never do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute sweet boy! Glad that things are going well. We might, maybe, possibly going to Joey's wedding, so hopefully we can see you guys and meet Benson then!

    ReplyDelete