Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Benson's Baby Blessing

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. Ryan is in the middle of busy season right now since Tax Day is coming right up;) and we don't see him much at all. Ryan's busy seasons really have given me even more respect for single moms as I often feel like one during these times. Due to that fact and the fact that we have a very active toddler and a 2 month old that doesn't like to do anything but be held, I don't get to blog as much as I'd like. I do think about it often though. Do you ever wish you could do something by just thinking it and imagining it in your head, I DO! Anyway, I have learned to try not to have a baby right before your husbands busy season starts;) Obviously, you can't always plan those things, but we'll try:) And, don't worry I'm absolutely IN LOVE with little Benzi and wouldn't trade him for anything:) So, as Ryan's busy season comes to a close, hopefully you will be seeing a lot of outdated posts as I try and catch up so I can keep documenting our lives:)

Well, onto what this post is really about. We were able to bless Benz when Ryan's family was in town so that they could be there too. It was on February 27, 2011. He was just 6 weeks old. Ryan gave a beautiful blessing and we sure are excited to see little Benson grow and develop. Ryan, Ron(Ryan's Dad), David(Brienne's Dad), Steve(Ryan's uncle), Jamison(Ryan's friend and collegue), and Don(Brienne's friend Ashley's Dad) all participated in the blessing of Benson. Benson didn't make a peep the whole time, which impressed us, we were a bit scared he would cry the whole time.

We also had a lot of other family and friends there to support us. Popsie and Suzanne(Brienne's Grandfather and wife), Aunt Diane, Uncle Mark, Mary Kate, Ryan, and Nicole(Brienne's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins), Don and Sharon Hiatt(Brienne's friend Ashley's parents), Ashley and her two boys, Pierce and Tyson, Isabel and Sophia(Brienne's family friends), and Kelly and Monica(Ryan's cousins).

After the blessing and the sacrament service we had our family over to eat before everyone took off. It was a great day full of celebration for Benson and his sweet spirit and life. We are so lucky to have so many friends and family that support and love us. We also know many family and friends weren't able to be there and we are still so appreciative of the love and support they show us from far away.


The Cake. The dark blue spots on either side of his name are little foot prints, so cute!


Both of our Families


Brienne's Family


Ryan's Family


Our Little Family (I love Owen's smile!)


Mommy, Daddy, and Little Benson on his special day(Isn't it cute how he is holding Ryan's tie?!)


Three Generations (Benz wouldn't stop looking at his Daddy.)


Grandma & Grandpa Dayton and their two grandsons(We are so excited that soon their will be 3! Shane and Zandy are expecting grandson #3 in August!)


Uncle NaNa(as Owen calls him) and his nephews


Mommy & her Little Guys

1 comment: