Happy New Year everyone! I haven't written for along time due to being away for the Holidays. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas break. I will write about our Christmas Adventures in the next few days but I had to write about what we are most excited for. Owen has obtained some new bruises this week, isn't that exciting?! Sorry that sounds really bad so I'll explain further. We went into the "Helmet" doctor as we affectionatly call him and Owen's head had improved enough to get it taken off. Yay! Happy New Year to Owen. As I mentioned about a month ago now he as to adjust to life without it. He has bonked his head on just about everything and he wails because he has never felt this pain before. It is sad when he gets hurt but it is a good reminder of how blessed we are to have his helmet off and his head reshapen and doing well. Modern Medicine is just such a miracle. Now, Owen has grown quite attached to his helmet, I mean it was with him 24/7, so he gets to play with it now as you can see in the pictures. He really likes to hold it and try and eat it. Well, we just thought we'd share our good news and also wish everyone a Happy New Year!

As you can see on the top of Owen's head is his first scratch and bruise forming from a bonk into our TV stand:( He is such a trooper though, he only cries for a few seconds and then he is trying to move along and play with something new.
Look at that big round head! Notice his helmet in the background.
Playing with my helmet is so much fun as long as it isn't on my head.
What a nicely shaped head. I wish we had a before and after picture, it really was so slanted in the back.
Owen's head was symmetrically off by 15 mm. Now it is only off by 4mm. The normal range for anyone is between 0-5mm.
He has sooo much hair.... I hope that Makayla gets some soon! Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteOwen is soooo cute! I'm so glad that you told me about your blog, and I'm excited to keep track of your cute family!
ReplyDelete