Thursday, December 10, 2009
My Husband the Smarty Pants;)
So Ryan was asked to participate in this BYU tax competion right after Owen was born in March. I guess it is a pretty big deal so he accepted. So his team had a small meeting before everyone went away for the summer to their different internships and they each chose a part of the material to become an expert at that. So umm...our summer got really busy and I think Ryan may have studied like once, okay maybe twice. Then we got back and he had all his normal schooling to do so his group would meet every Friday and do a practice of what was to come at the competition. I guess we can count that as really studying but it was more like cramming right when you have to do it. So after a few weeks of that in October his team has the real competition and Ryan is starting to get kinda nervous. He goes on a Friday night to the competion and comes back Saturday night so tired and tells me that it was nothing like anything they had done before and it was so hard, etc. So we are thinking okay well that was great to get to participate in but nothing is going to come of it. Oh wait they find out only a few days later that they won first place in the whole country. So we are all excited but it get better, he gets $2,000 dollars for winning! Which is such a blessing. For those of you who don't know I had a bunch of health issues this summer and our insurance didn't really cover things in VA so we had to pay a lot of medical bills. Anyway, now we have money to put toward those bills. So, anyway if you want to read more about the comptetion you can on the business school website. I'm so proud of my husband! He is so smart and even though I made it sound like it just happened he really did study and try his hardest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Wow, way to go Ryan!!! That's awesome you guys :)
ReplyDelete