So, when I was a little girl one of my favorite things was to craft. My mom would let me pick a project from a magazine and we would go to the craft store and get all the materials and I would spend the next couple days making whatever it was I chose. As I got older and went to college I didn't have as many opportunities to do things like that. And then I started teaching and the crafts I made were for school and I didn't feel like doing any personal crafts at home. Now, Owen is here and I constantly find myself wanting to do something when he is naping. So, I've started crafting again. Here are a bunch of things I've done in the last 2 months. I have enjoyed this time to be creative again and I learn some new talents.
Ryan's Mom's ward had a craft super saturday and got me the materials for this craft and a few of the others. She is so great! I love this one, it is just vinyl on canvas.
These blocks are just vinyl on wood. Ryan's Mom got these for me too:)
My sister-in-law Zandy started making these table runners. So she helped me get the stuff for this one. Don't look too closely it's not quite right:) I'll do better next time though.
So, my new craft is sewing. I've never really sewn much but I'm loving it. Ryan's Mom helped me a lot this Christmas, teaching me some of her techniques. She is a wonderful seamstress. So, she helped me come up with this apron and I made three of them.
These next 3 are little crafts we made for our friends for Christmas. We just got them from oriental trading, but they still were fun.
This nativity Ryan's Mom got me too but last year. I finished it up this year and it was fun because Owen loved playing with it. And, it was great because Owen couldn't hurt it either since it is just wooden blocks.
These next two ornaments I made at a Relief Society meeting in our ward. They were so easy but so cute and fun.
This ornament I just made by writing on an ornament with marker. But we wanted to have a Mommy & Daddy's First Christmas ornament so that is what we made.
This is probably one of my favorites. Ryan's Mom got me the vinyl and ribbon and found the glass blocks at lowes here. Then I strung white christmas lights behind it.
I made 3 of these scarfs for some friends and family. They were so fun because all you had to do was cut fleece and then weave them together. I love easy and cute things:)
This is such a silly penquin but I made him too:)
Well, I hope you enjoyed this and if anyone ever has any craft ideas I'd love to hear, I'm always looking for something new to make!



So cute Brienne! I am truly amazed at your craftiness!! :)
ReplyDeletewow brienne, those are so cute! go you! :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Still not a crafty person...and probably won't ever be.
ReplyDelete