Now we didn't have very much money to spend on this little weekend get-a-way. We arranged for Owen's Mimi and PopPop to watch him for the weekend. Then, we were going to go stay somewhere for a night and then stay at our house the second night. But, then we started thinking that if we just stayed in our house both nights we could do a lot more fun things with the money we had saved so that is what we did. We had a Staycation. Which I will be honest was really nice, we didn't have to pack a thing;)
On Friday, Ryan got off a little early and we went out to eat at Clyde's here in Tysons. Then we went over to the movie theater to see something. Now, we had already looked up Harry Potter and it was sold out which we were sad about. But, then when we got to the movies they had opened it up in another theater and there were still openings. We couldn't believe it. So, we basically walked right in to Harry Potter on the day it opened, I don't think that happens too often. Then, we came home and we got to sleep in the next day. I told Ryan that if we didn't do anything else I would be happy as long as I got to sleep as much as I wanted the whole weekend.
Then, on Saturday after sleeping in, we headed over to Harpers Ferry, WV. It is a such a cute little town and has so much history to it. It was fun walking around and basically just doing whatever we wanted. Originally we thought we would hike there but considering I was 30 weeks pregnant that wasn't going to happen this visit, so we'll have to save that for later. Then, we headed back home that day and had dinner at UNO's which we both liked a lot. Then, we had to pick up some stuff from the store so while we were there we got a redbox movie, Toy Story 3, which we hadn't seen and we watched that, that night. Then, the next day we slept in a bit and went to pick up Owen before Church.
It was such a good weekend and very much needed I think for the both of us. Of course we love Owen and I'll be honest I missed him the whole time he wasn't with us, but it was good to just relax with one another and have some one on one time that we don't normally get, especially before little Peanut comes.
I just have to say that I am so grateful for Ryan, he truly is amazing and is my best friends as well as the best Husband and Father. I am so lucky and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for him. I love you, Babes! Happy 3 Years Together!
The streets between the houses were so tall and so narrow. I know I'm short but not that short!
There is a train that goes right through the town. It is so loud. Everytime we heard it we thought of how much Owen would have loved it, we'll have to take him one day.
Look at all those leaves. We thought most of the colors would be gone since we were heading out so late in the season but there were still quite a few beautiful trees.
On top of Jefferson's Rock.
This picture doesn't do this tree justice. It was beautiful and so fun with three different fall colors in it, red, orange, and yellow. We walked by it several times and each time we had to stop and look at it.
I think this picture is so cool. It would obviously be better if the lamp wasn't so nasty.


i love unos! we used to eat there all the time when i lived in md and ny. congrats on 3 years!! sounds like a fun weekend :)
ReplyDelete