We have a very big breakthrough to announce. Owen is developing great and is very healthy as you can see. But, Owen has always been a little behind in his gross motor skills. I mean we don't really worry about it because he always gets it just a bit after the norm. If you've ever read Leo the Late Bloomerthat is kind of how Owen is. He is the type of boy that when he finds something that works he doesn't want to take the time to learn something else even if in the end it would save him time. Ryan and I always laugh about this. Owen definitely has his own personality and we just love it.
So, on with our story. Owen has slowly started to learn how to pull himself up. But, the other day he woke up and I heard him fussing around in his room which is kinda funny because he usually wakes up very happy. I was finishing up typing something so I was listening to him for about a minute. I heard him fuss, fuss, fuss, and then he laughed to himself, which is much more normal. I finished and went into his room. This is what I found!
Owen was standing in his bed and I couldn't figure out how he had done it. We use a pack n' play for his bed which has no slats or anyting to pull up on. Previously the only way Owen could pull himself up was to use something to help him up. So, Ryan came home and I told him all about it. We wanted to see how he did it so we put Owen in his bed and we watched him through a crack in the door. He got himself in the corner and would slowly push each hand against the opposing side of fabric and gradually got himself up. As he was doing it he made lots of grunting noises, hence the fussing, and it took lots of effort. But as soon as he accomplishes his goal he flashes his million dollar smile.
Needless to say we now have a little monkey in our family. I didn't realize as soon as he figured this out he would climb onto the TV stand, into his toy basket, up the chair, etc. Oh boy, oh boy! I'm sure this will give us many posts in the future:)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Haha, clever little boy! You'll have to watch him extra close now Mommy :)
ReplyDeleteOh YAY! He's so cute!
ReplyDelete