So Owen was in breech postion in the the womb which resulted in this head pressing very hard against my right ribs. Yes, it hurt alot and there was definite brusing from that. But, anyway because of that he had a flat spot oh his head when he was born and a very strong tendency to want to sleep on the right side of his head. No matter what we did he slept on that side of his head. Anyway, that resulted in him getting plagiocephaly(sp?), or a flat side on his head. So, we had to get him a helmet so that it can help reshape his head before it stops growing. I was very sad at first, because who wants their child to have to wear a helmet. But, now it has really grown on me. When we take it off to clean it Owen looks so different without it, I almost don't recognize him(well, that isn't completely true but he definitely doesn't look the same. I also love the fact that when he hits his head hard he doesn't even notice. I'm dreading the week we get it off, I have a feeling Owen is going to have a big adjustment to make without the helment there to protect his head. So, we affectionately refer to his helmet as his best friend, since it is ALWAYS with him. Maybe, it is just me because I am him mother but I think he looks so darn cute in it. It makes his cheeks look even chubbier! Well, we just wanted to introduce everyone to Owen's best friend for the next few months;)
Here is Owen having his head casted for his helmet.
These two are of Owen as he is getting his helmet fitted. He had to wear the bottom of a pair of tights on his head so it wouldn't stick if it was to tight.



And these last few are just of Owen wearing his helmet. He totally doesn't mind it which we were so grateful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment