Friday, November 2, 2012
Trunk or Treat
Last Saturday night was our Ward's trunk or treat, where all the families from church come and decorate their car trunks and the kids trick or treat to the trunks. Always super crazy but truly inspired I think, that way everyone is done in about 20 minutes and they still got a ton of candy, it's a win/win really! Anyway, we had fun this year and this was Benson's first real exposure to trick or treating that he will maybe remember anyway. After about two trunks he had figured it out and he was running(faster than Owen I should add) to the next trunk. He also figured out quite quickly that if they leave the bowl right in front of you to take as many pieces of candy as you can before they move it out of reach, he got plenty of extras for doing that and he got plenty of people to give him extra since they thought it was so funny and cute. Owen is quite the opposite when trick or treating, he will only take one, unless they insist on him taking more. He just gets super shy in situations like these I think and doesn't really know how to handle them. He also just wants to stop and eat the treats he already has, haha, who cares about getting more when he hasn't even gotten to eat any yet:) They both enjoyed being Monkey's together and were ooh ooh ahh ahhing all night! It was the perfect costume for both of them, since they are little monkey's all day long:) Ryan said we didn't even need to watch them much at trunk or treat cause we could blame any crazy behavior on them acting their part.
So, Ryan and I were lazy this year and didn't really think of costumes ahead of time like usual. But, then about a week before Halloween, Owen was reading Curious George and he said, " Daddy, you should be the man with the yellow hat!" Ryan sort of laughed and said maybe and didn't really talk about it much. I think he was hoping that Owen would forget, but in true Owen fashion he didn't. He reminded Ryan everyday multiple times. So, I started a search of how we could put together a easy man with the yellow hat costume and of course if everyone else was going to dress up I had better come up with something as well:) so I searched pinterest and came up with this Mommy with baby skeleton I could make;) So here we are in all our glory!
You can't see it very well but the little baby skeleton has a little pink ribbon on her head to signify she is a girl and just so I could start dressing her up already:) cause you all know as soon as she comes out she will have a bow on her head! As Ryan's mom pointed out, she is wearing pink already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment