Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Monday, January 9, 2012

Benson at 3 quarters of a Year



Benson finally learned how to sleep wonderfully! He has always been an okay sleeper but if there is every the slightest thing bothering him, nights are REALLY long. He got a lot better this month. Although I doubt he will ever be the sound sleeper that Owen was, sad for us:( but that also probably has something to do with the fact that he has Owen as an older brother;) Benson starts to pull himself up on things and he absolutely loves to hold on to things while standing up. To show his excitement over this he constantly jumps up and down in place with a huge smile on his face. This new level of life for Benson allows him to be even closer to what Owen is up to, which makes Benson even happier. Everything still finds its way straight to his mouth. Benson has found out that he can disobey and does it sometimes on purpose. It is hard at this stage to not laugh every time he does it. He has a certain face when he disobeys and it is so cute, but I know in a year I won't think that face is quite as cute. After he has done the thing he wasn't supposed to he looks at you with a sly smile. What a tricky guy!

Benson has become quite moody if he doesn't get what he wants. He has a distinct whine/cry that translates to, "But Mom, you never give me what I want!". He still has the bluest of eyes and his hair is a dirty blonde, but it is definitely still blonde. His hair is growing quite long in the front, but stays the same length in the back. He began to crawl everywhere instead of army crawl and with that he has lost a lot of his baby chub. He is such a skinny baby now, he really isn't skinny just comparatively speaking. And, due to this crawling he is on his hands and knees all the time always on the move. I have found him in the funniest places. He always seems to think he needs to crawl/climb over whatever obstacle he can find. He is often found crawling over the rungs in the chair, peoples legs, boxes, whatever he can. He will go out of his way to do that as well, apparently he likes the challenge.

Benson has developed quite the voice and is constantly jabbering away. He will babble back and forth with you.

He also loves balls, which Daddy is very proud of, and he will play a simple sort of catch with us.

When we visit my parents, Benson loves Chase(their dog) he tries to follow him around and just loves watching him and is always trying to grab him. Chase puts up with it quite well and actually likes to sit near Benson, I think Owen broke him in. Benson is still cuddly at times but he has become quite the squirmy worm at times, which makes me a little sad. We sure do love Benson and can't believe he'll be one this week!



These next two pictures show just a glimpse of how picture taking goes with Benson, he gets so crazy, what a ham!



And what can we say, we have a binky baby! When I went to get him after waking up from nap I found this, a binky in his mouth and one in each hand, just making sure he is covered I guess!

Here Benson is standing all by himself, well of course with the help of the chair! He did this while I went out of the room, I came back and was so confused at how he had gotten there:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Benson is getting soooo big! I can't believe he's already 9 months! Thanks for your sweet comment! I remember when we baby-sat Owen that one night and Truman had so much fun and was just loving it. The funniest part was that he was super sensitive worried the whole night like scared if Owen rolled over or scared that he would be in the playmate you guys left and would randomly stop breathing for no reason and kept running back into the room and checking him, haha. Truman will be a fun and protective Daddy! This will be so much fun, we can't wait!

    ReplyDelete