On May 15th, Benson turned 4 months old! I can't believe it. He is past the infant stage. He now sits in his bumbo often, never has tummy time since he just rolls right over, bats at his toys, grabs his toys, and brings them to his mouth. He is constantly watching someone, usually Owen, and he just looks so intent on learning fast. He has now moved out of his bassinet and is now in the pack n' play until he is ready to share a room with Owen(where the crib is). He busts out of his swaddle blanket often due to his strength:). Laughing and smiling are a given. When Benson takes a bath he splashes up a storm and laughs, smiles, and coos. Owen looks at him with disdain, since we tell Owen he isn't allowed to splash while Benson is in the tub with him, the joys of older brotherhood. Benson has recently decided he would like to get even bigger so he is now eathing 8 oz.(not everytime) at a time and is wearing size 3 diapers.
He is still the spit up king and we tired to ween him off his meds for reflux in the hopes he wouldn't need them anymore, it didn't work so he is back on them and life is good again. He also still has the most sensitive skin ever, despite all of our efforts so the doctor told me that I need to try cutting dairy out of my diet, yipee(said in a very non-enthusiastic voice). But, I will do it for Benson, no doubt about it. We won't know for another week if it has helped him, but I will say if you want to loose a few pounds, cut out dairy. On the other end of that, life just isn't as good without dairy so I wouldn't recommend it.
Benson has also started to loose his dark hair and little blond hairs are starting to pop up in place of the dark ones. We'll see what happens with that, but who would have thought we could have a blond haired, blue eyed baby?! Is it possible? We'll keep you posted.
Benson is such a joy and his HUGE open mouthed smiles and hearty, throaty laughs bring us so much happiness. We are so thankful to have him in our family!
NOTE: I just realized that I totally forgot to take his 4 month picture with his little peanut man, so I will post the comparison pictures soon after I go and do that:)


Oh my goodness, what a smiley, precious little boy. Yes, he and Jilly would definitely make a cute couple.
ReplyDeleteAww, so fun to read! What a sweet boy. He and Gray are in the same size diapers now, crazy! I still think of Benson as a tiny baby... but I know he's not. And that stinks about the dairy. :( I think I would die! For reals. Good luck!
ReplyDelete