Taken soon after arriving home from the Hospital
Taken February, 15th 2011
Well, the time just flies even more with your second child I've found. I haven't even posted about Benson's birth(still to come)and he is already a month old. As I adjust more fully to being the mother of two little boys I'll try to catch up on all the updates I haven't blogged about yet.
Well, Benson is 1 month and is growing fast. He is a eater to say the least. He never seems to be satisfied and we can see his belly starting to bulge;)He is also starting to get a little chub on those chicken legs. It looks like he is going to follow in the footsteps of his brother.(Owen was a chunk and still is a bit of one.) He is eating 5 ounces at a time. I think he has decided that he doesn't want to be referred to as Peanut anymore. He is starting to stay awake a bit longer and he LOVES being held. This is a change for us. We love that Benson likes to cuddle, we just don't absolutely love it in the middle of the night;) Benson is a bit of a picky baby in that he knows what he wants and he wants it when he wants it! He is a champ at holding his head up. It is amazing how long he will just hold it up and look all around. He is also the king of spitting up. He has a bit of a reflux issue but we are working on that. He has already outgrown some of his newborn clothes and it looks like the rest are to follow suit soon. This is bad news for Mommy and Daddy as we had hopped to just use most of Owen's old clothes. I should rephrase that last statement. It is bad news for Daddy. Mommy would love to go shopping for new little boy clothes:) Benson still has his head of dark floofy hair. I don't think that is even a word, but that is what we refer to it as. It is always standing straight up. Benson smiles sometimes when he starts drifting off to sleep and we just love it. He has a hoarse cry as we call it. It is really sad sounding like he has lost his voice. This little buddy loves sucking and has taken right to the pacifier and also finds his fingers a lot of the time. Benson has his name sakes(paternal grandfather) slender hands and feet. He also has dimples like his Maternal Grandfather. He has his Mommys full lips and as Daddy says can pout just like her. He has been a pretty good sleeper thus far. When I say good I don't mean at night though(he isn't so good then). I just mean that he will go for long stretches of time so that Mommy can get a nap in when both little boys are down during the day. Benson has had his first walk outside, his first nail clipping, his first bonk(from his loving brother Owen, and his first outing(to the store). He has also met his Mimi & PopPop, Grandma Dayton, Popsie & Zanna, and will be meeting lots more family in the months to come. We are loving having this new baby boy in our lives and we are excited to watch him grow.


what a cutie pie!! he looks a lot like owen!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, I've been wondering about this little guy! He is so cute! I love the monthly onesies and the little peanut stuffed toy.
ReplyDeleteso so so cute, I love those pictures of sweet Benson!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how fast that month flew by and how much they seem to change in a month! What a cute boy!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Can't wait for more pictures of your new baby! How exciting to be a mother of 2!!
ReplyDelete