Smiling Each and Everyday Through Forever

Monday, April 5, 2010

Surprise!

Well, it has taken us awhile to get back into the swing of things after being gone for 2 weeks. I have finally downloaded all our photos and can finally post. Yay! So, I'll probably post a few times about this same trip so that you don't have one SUPER long post to read.

On March 19th Owen and I headed out to Virginia to surprise my Dad for his birthday. It was great! The flight wasn't quite as great but Owen was a trooper and we made it through. Although, I wouldn't wish traveling alone with your baby upon anyone. We arrived at the airport where my Mom met us and we headed to my Dad's office. When we got there we attached a balloon to Owen's pants that said Happy Birthday Pop Pop, then I put him on the ground and had him crawl into my Dad's office. But, Owen didn't want to go in there, he wanted to explore another office. So, I had to intervene and my Dad ended up seeing me first. Oh well! He was still surprised. He didn't say anything for about a minute. I don't think he could figure out what was going on. Ha ha, it was great. Here are some pictures of Owen and his Pop Pop!




But, this was not the only suprise of the week. There were many more to come. Ryan came in a week later for the weekend. We don't have any pictures of that surprise, but what happened is that we took my Dad to dinner for his birthday, Owen, my mom, and me. After we had seated we had Ryan show up and he came up and said something like, Sorry I'm so late! My Dad was so surprised once again.

Then, my Dad thought the surprising was over but we had planned a big surprise party the next night. Down below are a few pictures from that. I will have to get more later. This is just him coming down the stairs. The funny part was we had it all planned and decorated when my Dad called and said he was going to come home early because he felt sick. We didn't know what to do. We had to make up this big lie about a huge present that was in the living room that he couldn't see until that night so he had to be blind folded. It worked! I think he was too sick to care. Then, we told him he couldn't leave his room, we'd get him anything he needed. I think in hindsight he actually really enjoyed that;) So, amazingly he didn't figure it out and he got in a good nap before party time. When I went upstairs to tell him it was time, he came with his tissue box and everything. He was surprised once again.




I think my Dad is still getting used to trusting us again. He is probably wondering when the next surprise will be.

These next few pictures are later that evening after the party. My Dad tried on some of his gag gifts. I think he imitates a pretty good senior citizen, what do you think? Maybe that is because he is getting so close!? He just turned 50!









Well, enjoy these for now! Owen's Birthday will be next! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! Josh and I like the old man sweater your dad is wearing! Looks familiar... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Brie, these pictures are great! Your parents are so adorable! I am so glad you got to spend some time with them, especially for your dad's birthday!! Are you all planning on coming to VA again anytime this summer??

    ReplyDelete