So, Owen is almost 11 months (tomorrow) and he is getting a little to smart for his own good. He now has learned to fuss if he doesn't get what he wants. We obviously try our best to not give in but sometimes it just gets pretty annoying, which is what he is going for, and we do.
Now Owen has stepped it up a notch, he has put a cranky face along with his fuss. The best part about this face is that almost everytime he pulls it out to use Ryan and I can't help but stifle our laughter. Owen has gotten very clever in the timing of this face. The part that I think makes us laugh the most is that he will do this face and make a fussing noise with it and wait like 5 seconds and then peek through his sqinted eyes with the tiniest hint of a smile, to see if we are paying attention. I haven't been able to get that one on camera yet, Owen is just too tricky. I know he'll never admit that we know what he is doing. And needless to say his smarts make me chuckle, at least to myself, everytime.
The reason we call it his monster face is because I am told that he gets it from me. My parents have many a picture, which I will have to get and post up here later, of me with a very similar face on. My Dad always called it my monster face. My Dad would imitate it and I would obligue and make the face back. The things that get passed down from generation to generation.
This is the first time we tried to get it on camera and right as I snapped the shot Owen stopped making the face. He always seems to know when to stop so we don't get evidence.
Being the tricky parents we are, we finally got it on camera;) I guess we should be able to outsmart our own son at least for now! Oh, and I promise you he is not in any sort of pain, he does a pretty believable fake, huh? This could be very bad for us when he is older.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment